Identify your unique selling proposition
Every business must be rooted in a clear understanding of how it achieves competitive advantage. To define this, you need to answer some strategic questions:
- What category do you compete in?
- Who are your primary competitors?
- Who do you serve?
- What benefit do you offer that emanates from your Ideal?
- What are your essential points of difference vs. your rivals?
- Where must you maintain competitive equality (points of parity)?
Answering these questions is critical to ideals-inspired brand building. We have found you cannot be successful without engaging in these questions—and clearly acting on the choices.