Driven by “why”
- Consummate student passionate about education
- Innovator, brand builder, and social entrepreneur
- Author, content creator, advisor, and trainer
- Global citizen who can zoom in and out of issues (East meets West)
- Curious about what drives people and culture
- Fervent user of technology
Selina has always combined a love of math and art. At age 5 she was the youngest person ever to win the grand prize of Korea’s national art competition. Soon after, she began figure skating competitively. Her numerous national awards lead her to the U.S. to train and compete. She was a coach for the World Figure Skating Championships.
In college, Selina searched for ways to combine her creative and analytical sides. When she attended a presentation by P&G at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, she knew brand management was the answer.
Brand management at P&G
At P&G, Selina held numerous line management roles and consistently built business for brands, including Duncan Hines, Jif, Bounty, Charmin, and Always. She won many awards at P&G, including Advertising that Works. Her achievements include:
- Identified consumer insights and changed Jif brand’s target audience, leading to the return to “Choosy Mothers Choose Jif” campaign and the growth of Jif to brand leadership
- Led a successful launch of Bounty design and pricing innovations that generated +$300 million in profitable sales the first year, driving Bounty to a $1 billion brand
- Doubled Charmin/Bounty profit behind a new business strategy, marketing plan and activation, leading to a capital investment of $180 million
- Led Always to market share leadership in the U.S., fueled by product and marketing innovations—including a P&G School program for teens, which expanded to many brands and is still a key marketing program at P&G today.
In 1994, Selina left P&G to start her own company, Master Communications, to help children become global citizens. She launched several award-winning educational media programs, including Asia for Kids, Culture for Kids and the Families of the World series.
Since 2011, Selina has been working with Jim Stengel as a Growth Consultant and most recently as a Managing Director. Selina has extensive, hands-on experience in content development, licensing, technology, digital media, global branding, entrepreneurship, and start-ups.
Selina Yoon has an M.B.A. in marketing and economics from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and a degree in mathematics and fine arts from Smith College.